Sunday 7 February 2021

United Kingdom 2021 - Tokyo Rose - Have Some Fun


This is an historic moment. I've been working in and around the music business for a good 40 years now, and I think I've finally found the bottom of the barrel.

Over my years as a music journalist I've been sent some pretty ropey stuff to review, as a gig promoter I've been handed some pretty hapless demo tapes from bands hoping to get a show, as a performer I've shared stages with some pretty terrible acts - and indeed have been in a few, too, and as an occasional Battle Of The Bands judge there have been times where I've wanted to end it all not even a quarter of the way through the night. And over the course of ten years doing this site I've sat through every minute of every Belarussian and Moldovan live audition. But none of it, nothing ever, can come close to this for sheer awfulness.

It's not even funny bad or so-bad-it's-good bad. It's the kind of bad that makes you wonder what they were thinking, and if they genuinely thought they had a shot of even being in the frame for Eurovision this year. And do you now what? I think they possibly did.

So sit back, brace yourselves, and, erm, enjoy…




4 comments:

  1. the bottom of the bottom looking up at it

    ReplyDelete
  2. what troubled our household more than anything is the fact the YouTube link has (at time of writing) 18 "likes". That's twice as much as the "dislikes". Something is truly wrong with the world.

    ReplyDelete