Friday 7 March 2014

Azerbaijan 2014 - Dilara Kazimova – Happy


I was pretty pleased when I heard Azerbaijan had picked Dilara. For a start, she's got personality by the bucketload, and looks like she could handle anything they chucked at her with aplomb.

Last year's Azeri singer was a good looking charmer, but had all the deportment of a kitchen cabinet in a shirt. Dilara, on the other hand, is just bursting with cookie charisma. Just look at the job she did of Happy in the Boyuk Sehne finals. I don't know about you, but I'm thoroughly sick of this song now - but I just couldn't take my eyes off the screen from start to finish.

If they give her this kind of art direction and a cracking up tempo song – rather than just sticking her in a stiff frock and projecting stuff at her – coupled with her off-kilter charm, I reckon she could be in for a high table finish come 10th May. I wouldn't mind going back to Baku...

Videos from YouTube. Underlying © lays with the owners of the clips

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog but always irritating that you can't see the videos on an iPad because of the way they're embedded. If you could just put a plain link to the YouTube video we could click on that. Just an idea

    ReplyDelete