Tuesday 6 November 2012

Switzerland 2013 - Marcello Alexander – Im Hotel Mama


When I first started watching this clip, I thought that it was most probably some kind of Swiss in joke, featuring some locally well-known comic setting himself up for some jolly jape at the end. But the more I watched, the more I realised how completely straight, and completely brilliant it was.

From the barrel-chested singer and his independently moving hair, to the old folks digging his singalong sounds and the unfeasibly fast-flowing torrent in the background, this clip is near perfect. How sad that it will almost certainly be going nowhere near the Swiss final.

I'm always hearing the fanboys wittering on about how songs should more closely represent their nation - well how much more Swiss can you possibly get than this?!

Videos from YouTube. Underlying © lays with the owners of the clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment