Sunday 25 March 2012

Georgia 2009 - Gay Stalin - I Want You Back

Think you've seen Georgian Jocker Anri Jokhadze somewhere before? Ladies and gentlemen, let me tweak your memories and reintroduce you to the quite astounding Gay Stalin!

2009 was the year when seemingly everything in the Georgian final seemed to be having a less-than-subtle dig at their burly neighbours north of the border, and we can only imagine they created this gem to raise some bushy eyebrows in the Kremlin.

But aside from all that nonsense, it's also fun watching the many, many costume changes not always going to plan!

Videos from YouTube. Underlying © lays with the owners of the clip

2 comments:

  1. nothing to do with Gay Stalin here (though he is fab) but I just wanted to say that I love your blog. Found it through ESC Insight where my good friend Sam Ross writes for, and it is wonderful to read the opinion of someone who loves Eurovision (like me) and also is not generally a pop music listener (like me, a serious metal head). I thought I was the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice note, Kate!

    There's one or two of us Eurovision irregulars about, but we're few and far between. Which kid of makes it even more fun!

    Now, bring the noise!

    ReplyDelete