Sunday 19 February 2017

Ukraine 2017 - O.Torvald - Time


I missed the start of last night's Ukrainian qualifier, as I was out at a football match. But upon my return I had a list of messages telling me that I just had to see this song, without telling me quite why. This is often a good sign.

Slightly annoyingly I couldn't find a clip until just now, and oh boy am I glad I tracked it down. Because during this song something quite unique and powerful happens. And I'm not going to tell you what it is. But you'll thank me.

Else otherwise, this is a pretty serviceable indie rock song, with a very agreeable wigout bit in the middle that proves that they're not just pretty boys going through the poses. But it's the incident that elevates this above the masses. If this band are as big as their pre-vid suggests, their name could be written on their hometown trophy. Decent but diferent act who's going to make everyone sit up and take notice, but who are in no danger of winning? Surely that's the perfect host entry.

But in a nation where merely saying hello to your next door neighbour is a highly politicised act, are they really going to risk choosing this? I certainly hope so!

2 comments:

  1. Different - the camera has to be on that exactly at the right time to get the full effect and he could do with some better acting to emphasise what has happened, otherwise it just looks as though he's got a shirt that turns red!

    Maybe have something in the picture gallery behind him of famous assassinations to go the whole hog?

    Georgia or Ukraine for the award to the most political backdrop? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color me impressed. (see what I did there?) It's such a great impact. I love it. and they are quite believable. I don't have an issue with it.

    ReplyDelete